CAPACITY BUILDING THROUGH BENCHMARKING
Project of 200,000 Spindles Ring Spinning Unit – the largest compact spinning set-up under one roof in the world. Sheeting business division of 100,000 mpd processing & rotary printing.
W hat w as done:
• Detailed GAP Analysis carried out to identify the potential gaps to im prove.
• Charting out of a detailed action plan to achieve the targets and deliverables identified in the gap analysis program .
Major steps of the action plan:
o Ma ch in e ry se t t in g co rre ct io n s
o Re -e n g in e e rin g and process op t im iza t ion
o P e rform a n ce im p ro ve m e n t m on it orin g system s were im p le m e n t e d in order t o support and m o n it o r the in t e rve n t io n s
o Co n t in u o u s p e rform a n ce and system s m on it orin g in order t o d e ve lo p sustenance
o P e riod ica l re vie w m e e t in g s such a s KP I, Bu d g e t in g and Qu a lit y assessm ents.
The client has begun to be seen as the GO-TO body in Ethiopia for technical issues faced by the industry. The project has immensely boosted industry confidence and consequently entrepreneurial ventures in the textile sector.
The client wanted gap assessment, scope for improvement and methodology to sustain the development.
Gap Analysis and Benchmarking of Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing & Finishing Sections with the Industry standards. Managem ent training to sustain the development.
What was done:
• A comprehensive study of the factory production and process areas.
• Benchmarking with Industry standards and broad road-map to bridge the gap.
• Process rectification and management training to sustain the improvement.
• Further Efficiency improvement and Productivity improvement scope was demonstrated.
• Machinery condition was assessed through thorough diagnostic study
• Complete requirements were noted and listed out for rehabilitation of the division.
• Benefits of the rehabilitation in terms of production & quality listed out
Gap assessment findings and the scope variables were submitted in a detailed report. Machines were fine-tuned, processes were set right. Factory personnel were imparted on-the-job training, leading to sustainable intervention.