The Client was a govt. body dedicated towards promoting the Textile & Clothing Industry in Ethiopia. TTS has been mandated to build the capacity of the client professionals such that they in turn will be able to extend technical and management support to the industry at large.
Hand-holding training to the client experts and industry through Industry interventions. Technology & knowledge transfer through Manuals , SOPs, Know -how transfer.
What was done:
Classroom Sessions for the client experts and Industry Personnel
Industry hands-on exposure for the client experts
Development of detailed SOPs, manuals and literature for saving the knowledge transfer for posterity.
Training program s to benefit industry experts on troubleshooting and practical problem solving techniques
The client has begun to be seen as the GO-TO body in Ethiopia for technical issues faced by the industry. The project has immensely boosted industry confidence and consequently entrepreneurial ventures in the textile sector.
The client wanted gap assessment, scope for improvement and methodology to sustain the development.
Gap Analysis and Benchmarking of Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing & Finishing Sections with the Industry standards. Managem ent training to sustain the development.
What was done:
• A comprehensive study of the factory production and process areas.
• Benchmarking with Industry standards and broad road-map to bridge the gap.
• Process rectification and management training to sustain the improvement.
• Further Efficiency improvement and Productivity improvement scope was demonstrated.
• Machinery condition was assessed through thorough diagnostic study
• Complete requirements were noted and listed out for rehabilitation of the division.
• Benefits of the rehabilitation in terms of production & quality listed out
Gap assessment findings and the scope variables were submitted in a detailed report. Machines were fine-tuned, processes were set right. Factory personnel were imparted on-the-job training, leading to sustainable intervention.